inveil: round three, mofo.

Lather. Rinse. Repent.

Monday, March 21, 2005

She calls her shit poop.

I spent all day at work in tears. At ten thirty this morning, I dropped the Banana off at the vet - she'd been throwing up since 3am approximately every thirty minutes. Tony and I would wake up, clean it up, assume that the excessive vomiting was probably due to the fact that she wouldn't stop eating the lining under our box-spring mattress. Shrug. Go back to sleep.

Repeat every thirty fucking minutes until it's time to get up and drag your bleary-eyed, sick-with-sleepiness ass to work.

Except this morning she was really listless. She wouldn't keep her head up. Also, she wouldn't stop puking.

The vet called me at work around noon to tell me that she needed xrays, bloodwork. Banana didn't have a temperature, but every time anyone would touch her stomach she'd cry. I hung up after the doctor promised to call with xray results. All day all I could think about was that obviously the Banana had stomach cancer and obviously we can't afford chemo-for-dogs and therefore obviously she would have to be put to sleep. I sat outside on a bench in the parking lot, crying and imagining holding her little paw went they gave her the shot, or begging the vet for one more day with her or sleeping with that little pink cow she loves.

Well. Needless to say, she doesn't have a tumor. She still doesn't have a temperature and she hasn't thrown up since 11am. Also: Maybe this isn't related. I mean, I didn't go to vet school. But tonight, when Tony got home from work and took her out, she shit out a pair of goggles.

What is wrong with dogs?
How did she even swallow that?

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Girl, I just had to read that out loud to everyone in this room. Holy shit. I was halfway to tears with my hand covering my heart before I snotted all over myself at "goggles".

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here