inveil: round three, mofo.

Lather. Rinse. Repent.

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Thankgod I only have two.

Last night, in my dream, I was blind. I was blind and my eye sockets were hollow; they'd never been filled with anything. I saw someone once who was missing an eye. She didn't have a glass one, so the skin just grew over the cavity. The skin was pink and rippled. A giant scar. So. I had no eyes, I couldn't see. For my birthday a friend gave me a present in a tiny box - her dog's eyes. She had taken them out herself for me. Just so I could see. I was supposed to put them into my own sockets. When I did, I could see the dog's world superimposed over my own vision.

***

So. Maybe...considering the fact that I work for an eye doctor...maybe getting a part time job in a lab making glasses was a bad idea. I'm probably going to come out of this overworked, overtired and continually dreaming about eyes - muttering things about eyes under my breath.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Freud would probably just say you're not getting laid enough.

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder how often that line worked for old Siggy...

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here