inveil: round three, mofo.

Lather. Rinse. Repent.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Do I look busy?

Late last week the bald man I email my school assignments to wrote me to tell me that my effort seems to be on the decline. Also, he noted, I need to complete one assignment every ten days for a year if I want to finish the Program.

So. Shit.

The only thing worse than the sinking feeling that I am failing is the panic that takes me when I spend yet another day NOT DOING ANY SCHOOL STUFF. I don't know what's wrong with me. I WANT to do the school stuff. I really do. But. I have so many other things to DO. For instance:


Taking pictures of myself wearing various animal hats and masks.

I really do find all this Montessori stuff fascinating. I love to read her biographies and essays. I love the science behind all of it. I love the idea that maybe one day I will be able to get a real, grown-up sort of job. But. There are SO MANY animal hats out there.

Today I got off work six hours early, which should have given me plenty of time for school stuff. But! I baked a cake. And cookie bars. And reorganized my yarn supply. And cleaned out two closets. And played/aborted four thousand games of medium-difficulty spider solitaire. Oh, but there's still lots of time left, right? Except! I have to make a sauce, some chicken, pasta, salad. Maybe another cake. Life is all about choices.

And. Avoiding work. No matter how much I actually like it. Don't tell the bald man.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First Chinese blog awards launched
The first Chinese blog awards have been announced by popular Chinese portal sina.com According to Chinastic, anyone can submit their own or their favorite blogs, but they must be based on the free blog system ...
I like your blog! I'm definitely going to bookmark it!

I have a Work From Home site. It pretty much covers Work From Home related stuff. (And I've got lots of great new programs!)
Have a look sometime!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Awkward Turtle said...

those hats are pretty kinky

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here