inveil: round three, mofo.

Lather. Rinse. Repent.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Mrs. Roydes needs therapy.

Tony and I have been looking into buying a house.
Well. We've been looking at houses.

The actual-real-'Let's-Make-an-Offer-on-This-One-Right-Here' part was delayed be someone named Mrs. Roydes.

I had this credit card three years ago. It defaulted three years ago. And then I paid it off. And now I don't have it anymore. Except - it's still on my credit report and it still says that I owe them money, which I don't. I know this because it came up two months ago, when Tony and I bought our new car. It popped up on the credit report then, so we couldn't get the loan until the credit card company sent me a letter stating that my account balance was zero and Everything Was Fine. It actually took so long for them to send me the letter that my bank just gave me the money and made me promise to bring the letter to them when I got it. I got the letter. I remember holding it in my hands and thinking, Finally. Those fucking assholes. This is where all memory of the letter fades away. I have NO IDEA what I did with it.

So. I needed another letter. For the mortgage lady. I called to get one and Mrs. Roydes picked up the phone.

Mrs. Roydes: This is MRS. ROYDES.
K: Yeah, hi. I have an old account that's still showing up on my credit report, so I need a letter saying that the balance is zero and the account is closed.
Mrs. Roydes: Says here that we sent you a letter on August 21st, 2005.
K: I know. I don't have that one anymore. This is for something else.
Mrs. Roydes: Well. You only GET one letter.
K: But! I! Neeeed! Okay. We're trying to buy a house and the bank -
Mrs. Roydes: YOU ONLY GET ONE.
K: But what if I don't HAVE the first one?
Mrs Roydes: Sounds like a personal problem to me.
K: Yeah. I need to talk to your supervisor now.
Mrs. Roydes: Management doesn't take phone calls.

-Mrs. Roydes hangs up on K-

And I'm not even exaggerating this time!

So. After Mrs. Roydes hung up on me, Darling Tony called back and complained. He put me on the phone, still crying and sniffling, so I could tell the guy what she said to me. At the end, voice cracking, I cried is it TRUE I only get ONE LETTER?!. He laughed and said he could send me ten letters if I wanted.

I only asked for one.

But I DID make five copies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here